Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No carbs week begins tomorrow!!

Last week, before heading to the doctor, I filled out the metabolic eating type questionairre. Found out I am carbo/protein mixed type. That works great, except I have such a high intolerance for wheat/gluten. I know that not all carbs come from bread, but that is my favorite type of carb! That's for sure! I tried the carbo/protein mixed diet and really liked it. Who wouldn't, right? I loved it, but my body reacted pretty negatively...bloated, gassy (sorry, Olivia!) and just down right uncomfortable. The carbs I eat are rice, rice noodles, noodles made from veggies, quinoa, rice bread. Carbs that should be healthy, right? I thought so, too. But, they were still having an adverse affect on me, healthy or not....( I really need to say sorry to Olivia again! ha! ) So, after talking with Trinh, I decided to give up pastas, rice, bread, grains...only for a week to start. If I feel a big difference, then I will give it up for longer. If there is no difference what so ever, then I can slowly add back in the healthy carbs I had before.

So excited!! My no grains carbs tryout begins tomorrow! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment