Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The end of Day ONE...finally!

so, I went to the Y with the encouragement of my daughter...yeah, Olivia, thank you so much!!!...and actually did another 5K, this time on the treadmill. According to the SmartTrac I burned 322 calories (YES!!) walking 4.2 mph at an incline of 4.0 for 47 minutes! I know, majorly boring stuff...but the good news is, I did not quit...wanted to, really, but did not quit. And, it is definitely because of this blog. I am committed to being honest and open and willing to accept any advice!

I gotta tell ya, working out to curb your appetite did not work so well for me. I was starving when I got to the Y. I jumped, literally, on the treadmill, cranked up ABBA on my iPod and got busy, really hoping the hunger would go away. It did not, my stomach was making lots of protests to working out instead of eating. And, if you do not know, I am a LOUD grumbler, both in body and, well, I have a blog, right? I was feeling great about myself. Feeling as if I had accomplished what I set out to do today, diet wise. I ignored my belly and kept on it! I noticed I had people looking at me, in a weird sort of funny way. I still kept on it! It wasn't until I popped the earbuds out & heard my angry belly that I realized why they were looking. sigh. So much for pride, eh?

I decided on a small bunch of grapes when I got home. The worst thing to do is go to bed starving...I wake up starving even more and there is no chance of survival for the diet at that point. One of my goals is being healthy. I do want to lose weight, but I want to do it in a healthy, encouraging, spiritual correct way. Next time, I will try the grapes a little before working out.

Bon nuit, my friends! The batteries to all my accessories are now depleted! I look forward to hearing what you have to share!

1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20...You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment