Saturday, July 3, 2010

I saw a shadow!!

That's right! Last night at the Y when I was training with Justin, I saw a shadow of the skinny me! SHE WAS THERE! Of course, she was fleeting as shadows are, but I saw her none the less! Do you know what that means?? HOPE!! I am going to find her one day!! Yeah! Now the hunt is on!

I gotta tell ya, I was very surprised to see her! We played Dance Dance Revolution for 4 1/2 hours Thursday/Friday. You would have thought that she would have showed up then, right? I mean, it's a great workout and tons of fun.

I did not even think about her last night. After we went to the doctor, we decided to stop at Thai Thai Village for the absolutely BEST food in the world...yellow mango curry! Yes, I did have a little bit of the rice that was served with it...so I broke my "no grains for a week" attempt. I was actually encouraged to do so by my doctor. When I told him about it, he reminded me that I am a carbo/protein mix based on my metabolic blood type, and if I wanted to find the skinny me, I needed to actually step it up and eat actual carbo/protein meals. He did say that whole wheat breads and even whole wheat pasta is not what I particularly need. He suggested, again, the brown rice, the rice noodles and the rice bread. All of which I have at home. But I did not have yellow mango curry at home, so Thai Thai it was! No sign of the skinny me at dinner. If it were up to me, and someone was serving yellow mango curry, THAT would be the place I would show up!

Not her, it was at the Y! And, it was not even until almost the END of the workout session. Her shadow passed before me when I was doing reverse door kicks on the inclined bench. I was in deep agony, sort of, not really, but if I let Justin know then I would have to do a lot more, and let me tell you, after a yummy yummy dinner like that, I was tired. So, I was doing the right amount of kicks in the right amount of time and I could actually feel the muscles in my stomach responding! How that happened while they were buried deep under a bowl full of yellow mango curry, I just don't know. But for a second, there she was....the skinny me!

And, it's about time, too! I have been in search of her for a while, as you know. And let me tell ya, she is very illusive. Great at hiding, especially after dinner. Usually no where to be seen, not even a glimpse.

Ha ha! I almost got you!! Next time, next time! I am going to find her, you can count on that!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH PATTI!! You'll find her soon. I think your skinny me and my skinny me are hiding together somewhere!

    ReplyDelete