Thursday, June 10, 2010

the beginnings of Day TWO

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, [1] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

This morning, I woke up soo tired. And, starving! The only thing getting me out of bed was needing to go to work…last day of tutoring for HP! ( Even now as I am writing this, I keep thinking…hmmm, I would LOVE to write this from my bed, lying down, with my eyes closed. Yep, that’s the way to do this.)

Dragging myself to the bathroom, I stepped cautiously on the scale…128 then 127. 128 then 127. For 30 seconds it could not make up its mind! (Reminded me of an ex boyfriend…one day he wants to go out, the next day he didn’t. I was coming to feel as much animosity towards my scale as I did my ex!

Stephen Phillips said, “In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.”

It finally decided on 128 lbs. Can’t say I’m not a little bummed. I was hoping to see results, or a result, today. Does aching body count as a result? Does dragging around with no energy count as a result?

I know there has to be other ways to make these shakes fun, tasty and lasting longer than a hour. Cindy gave me this info: http://www.cinchclub.com/

When I came home from tutoring, I noticed my cup left in the sink. The shake powder was glued on the sides. I scrubbed and scrubbed and still could not get it all off….made me think what this is doing to my insides. Suggestion: drink lots of water to rinse away any gluey goopiness on the inside.

So…. Today looks like this:

Wake-up weight: 128 lbs…still!

Before breakfast snack: 1 medium banana (105 cal) and 8 oz water (0 calories!!)

Breakfast: breakfast: 1 Shaklee Cinch shake (190 cal) with Almond Milk (90 cal), 16 oz water (0 cal!!)

mid-morning snack: Planters nut*rition digestive health mix (150 cal)

lunch: 1 Shaklee Cinch shake (190 cal) with Almond Milk (90 cal), mixed with ½ a banana (55 cal) and 1 C strawberries (46 cal), 16 oz water (0 cal!!)

Then I was able to get in a super quick…and short….walk. Going to the Y with Olivia tonight so will work out more then.

So far for today, it looks like this:
Total calories allowed: 1226
Total caloric intake: 916 (yipes!! That only leaves 310 for dinner. Planning on having coconut curry rice for dinner. I think that is a little more than 300 calories! Those shakes are so high in calories for leaving me feeling so hungry & tired….hmmmmm)
Total calories expended: only 70 calories

Still hungry, still thinking about food. There is a new snack recipe I want to try. Here is a link for Raw Vegan Strawberries with Cream Recipe by Tracy Russell.
http://www.incredibleraw.com/recipes/raw-vegan-strawberries-with-cream-recipe/

Reality check: you can never, ever, use weight loss to solve problems that are not related to your weight. At your goal weight or not, you still have to live with yourself and deal with your problems. You will still have the same husband, the same job, the same kids, and the same life. Losing weight is not a cure for life. ~Phillip C. McGraw, The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment