Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day ONE

wake-up weight: Yikes! Do I really need to do this part?? sigh.... 128.00 lbs
doctor's recommended weight: 110.00 lbs....18 to lose

exercise: 5K with Jennifer @ 8am, walking about 3 mph...140 calories burned; All Star Workouts on FitTV for 60 min...247 calories burned

breakfast: 1 Shaklee Cinch shake (190 cal) with Almond Milk (90 cal)...280 calories total, 16 oz water (0 cal!!)
caloric intake goal...1,226 calories per day (for right now... as I lose weight, that will be less! yeah!)

lunch: 1 Shaklee Cinch shake (190 cal) with Almond Milk (90 cal); 16 oz water (0 cal!!)...280 calories total
note: I wasn't really hungry, but I was also not not hungry and I was afraid if I did not "eat" lunch then I would binge out on other foods in my refrigerator.

dinner: 2 cups baby spinach (20 cal); 1 cup watermelon (40 cal); 1/2 cup fat free feta cheese (198 cal); 8 pitted calamata olives (84 cal); 1 TBS EV olive oil (126 cal) and TBS balsamic vinegar (14 cal). 16 oz water (0 cal!!)

total caloric intake: 1,042!! -184 what I allowed! yeah!
total calories expended: 387; okay, so I did not use up more calories that I ate, but...this is the first day, right??

I almost can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow morning...almost.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting again :) I'm right there with you..starting over again (again). Are you sure you really want to weigh yourself daily? You know it can fluctuate day to day so don't freak if you see it go up a bit. I try to get on the scale weekly...Friday mornings (Saturday mornings if I forget) Also,you don't want to expend more cals than you eat...your body needs fuel just to exist so remember, you are burning cals every second just by your heart beating, your lungs expanding, your food digesting, etc. Not to mention te extra cals you burn cleaning the house, running after Olivia, or washing the car. For some reason, the number 900 is coming to mind as the number of daily caloris a healthy adult woman needs just for her body to function. Good Luck! I haven't updated my blogs lately as I've been so comsumed with the baby...perhaps I will start journaling my weight loss too!
    Nicole
    PS...Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Great to hear from you!!
    That is a great idea!! My friend Cindy said the same thing as soon as I posted my weight...does not help that I tend to get a little obsessive. Saturdays are a great idea...what a great way to start the weekend right, right?
    so...am I consuming too many calories at 1226? Should I stick to 900?
    Thanks!!
    Miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no...don't go down to 900, you'll be dragging for sure! 1226 sounds about right. 900 is (I think) what your body needs to function (brain, heart, lungs) just laying down doing nothing all day. For example, if you were in a como and doing nothing other than exsisting, you would still need 900 cals a day. Clear as mud? Being up and about you will burn even more. So, if you exercise more than you eat, your body won't have enough fuel to work correctly so your efforts would be counter productive. "okay, so I did not use up more calories that I ate, but...this is the first day, right??" I just didn't want you to think that you needed to work out and expend every calorie that you ate that day because your body is using calories all the time already! :)
    I use myfooddiary.com and according to their calculations, I need to eat 2049 to maintain my weight, 1499 to lose a pound a week, and 1200 is the minimum that "they" (the powers that be) have deemed safe and healthy for me. The numbers change as I lose weight. I don't know how they calculate the numbers, but I have more weight to lose than you do so I'm sure that 1226 is a good number for you as long as you don't expend 1226 too! haha

    ReplyDelete