Tuesday, June 15, 2010

last day of the Shaklee shakes

wellll.....i didn't think about getting weighed at the dr's office. As it turns out, I gained 5 pounds!! Let me repeat...I GAINED 5 POUNDS!! I know that is no big deal for someone not counting pounds, but let's face it...I'm counting everything!! Including pounds! So, time to reevaluate. Okay, so let's say I just dismiss the weight gain (ha ha ha ha ha, like that is going to happen!!) and go with the rest of it. I feel tired ALL the time. I am hungry all the time. My clothes are actually tighter than they were last week. I did not do measurements, but if my jeans or sweats are any indication of my measurements, then I did not decrease any there, either. Bummer. And, did I happen to mention that I am hungry all the time? I constantly think of food and have incredible cravings. I feel as if I should be thinking about God all the time, but instead I focus on food....what is my next meal going to be? How much fat is in it? How many calories? How much? How much? How much?

Yesterday at Epcot, we took all the rides...Soaring, Circle-Visions, boat rides ( or clam rides, really)... and in each ride, all I could think of was God's amazing glory! This home that He gave us temporarily is incredible! I am totally in awe of His creations. THAT should have been my focus throughout the day. But guess what I was REALLY thinking about??? FOOD!! Go figure. My sin is plastered all over me...and now the internet! hee hee!!!
So, I am redefining my 'diet' program...for now, I am going to eliminate the Shaklee Cinch shakes....bummer...there goes the $500 bonus! : {.

My results from the nutrition response testing are going to drive the way I eat, work out, sleep; and my relationship with God is going to drive how I respond to everything!! The results showed that I am unable to tolerate soy, refined sugar, honey, and dairy. I can use evaporated cane sugar or Truvia for sweeting my foods. And, if I have to have cheese, I can have goat cheese or sheep cheese... both Olivia and I love goat cheese and I think Publix has Feta made with sheep cheese. I am soo excited for Olivia!! The only limitations she has are no high fructose corn syrup and no dairy. This releases and frees her up so much! Before she was intolerant to everything except spinach, cabbage and tomatoes. That did not last.
Well, going to work out now, so I will post more later!

2 comments:

  1. The nutrition responce testing sounds interesting. I'm glad Olivia can doesn't have many limitations. The problem is that HFCS is is SOooo much these days.

    I'm sorry your shakes didn't work out for you. I use an online food diary (myfooddiary.com) that is $9 a month where you log in your food, exercize, weight, and it tells you how many cals you can eat to lose, maintain, the breakdown of your food (too much or too litle of what nutrients) and all of that. It also has forums so you can ask questions of people who have done this for years, or get ideas. There are some other sites similar out there that don't cost anything but I found that MFD was just easier to use and with better forums - it's worth the $9 a month. Plus, you can use whatever food you want..."real food" or meal replacement shakes. I log in my slim fast shakes for breakfast every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Thanks for the info!! Is there an app for that??

    ReplyDelete